Title: The five people you meet in Heaven.
Author: Mitch Albom
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.2 ⠀
It says “All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time..” This book is all about Eddie, a lonely war veteran, who dies in a tragic accident trying to save a little girl from falling cart. With his final breath, he feels two small hands in his and then nothing. He awakens in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a lush garden of even but a place where your earthly life is explained to you by five people who were in it. These people may have been loved ones or strangers.
- If you are that crazy child who wanna know what happens after death in heaven. So, you should definitely go for this “concept of heaven”.
- See, everyone has a definition and an idea of heaven its just that what you pick or what you consider as a heaven.
- But yes I must say this is beautiful, the way Mitch Albom has created this definition of heaven is appreciable.
- The protagonist meets five people in heaven who were actually related to him one or other way, that he never noticed on earth but finally the picture was clear, all the misunderstandings got clear and actually he understood that why things happened that way and trust me guys, these meetings are beautifully described, I feel the five people he meets in heaven are the gems of this book because each meeting has something beautiful to teach us.
- It’s an amazing read, a powerful one, thought-provoking with so many beautiful lessons. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
(Fun fact: I bought this after reading Tuesdays with Morrie and I am not disappointed but a weird thing happened with me for the very first time and that is, I read the book three times and then I got a clear picture of the story. (Don’t judge me :P))